Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

What's in my Make-up Bag?


I'm a huge fan of make-up which will probably surprise many of the people that know me on a hello-goodbye basis. I used to love making my friends and myself up for high school dances and events as well as randomly giving my older sister a make over. I own a whole lotta make up, so which ones do I choose to carry around all the time? Let's take a look.

The make up I carry around is just what I use for everyday, natural looking make up.

 
1. Clinique Age Defense BB Cream [shade 02]: This BB cream is amazing. It is made gearing towards asian skin, so maybe that's the reason behind it's amazing-ness. This BB cream comes in 3 different shades which I really liked. Choosing between shade 1, which had more of a pink tone and shade 2, which had more of a yellow tone, I chose shade 2. Yellow tone foundation/BB creams/tinted moisturizers are great for asians in the teens and twenties. the yellow tone is a more youthful tone unlike the red tone. It has very good coverage and you can actually build for spot coverage with it getting cakey as well.

2. Benefit Playsticks Foundation [Paper Dolls]: I actually don't even use this very much because my BB gives me very good coverage and skin tone balance. Benefit Playsticks have great coverage and has a very good texture as well. :) This is my 3rd one!


3. Benefit Dandelion: My closets friends know that I'm like... a walking advertisement for Benefit. Haha I love benefit products sosososo much. Dandelion has a great tone of pink and it is a very very subtle blush. For my everyday make up, I like looking as natural as possible, without looking like a sick person. This blush also has a very youthful and bright tone that will brighten and soften up your look. Did I mention it smells great too?
4. Benefit Erase Paste [Medium]: This is my magic under eye concealer for when I look like a zombie!  Great coverage, but I wish the tone was not so pink. I don't use this one too much either; instead, I build coverage with my BB cream or foundation.

5. Lancome Color Design Ombre Sensational Effects Eye Shadow: I recently got this eye shadow palette for free with a $30 purchase from Lancome. I do have the Naked Palette and I love it to death, but it's just too  huge to carry around. this compact eye shadow palette also has brightening colors that aren't too dramatic. This is also something that I don't really use everyday, but that I carry around just in case I get a little bored and want more options.
6. Clinique Quickliner for Eyes [New Black]: This is my lovely pencil eyeliner! They have this eyeliner available is a more intense black, but dramatic blacks don't really match my face too well, so I chose new black. The quickliner is very easy to apply and lasts throughout the day; pretty good, I'd have to say!
7. Lancome Oscillation Mascara [Black]: I tried this mascara for the first time and it was love at first.. apply! I didn't think the oscillation would make that much of a difference, but it really did do wonders for my almost non-existent lashes. It lengthens, makes my eyelashes very voluminous, separates, doesn't clump, and lasts all day long. I love!

 
8. Shiseido Eyelash Curler: I love my eyelash curler! It does wonders and I've had it for years!


9. The Face Shop Jewel Powder [white]: This jewel powder has a pearlescent shimmer so it does an amazing job brightening. I use this along my eye bottom waterline, the inner corners of my eyes, and sometimes as a highlighter. Got it for like $12? or so and it's lasting me forever -- it's great!


10. Skin Food Choco Powder Eyebrow Wood Pencil [Black brown]: This eyebrow pencil looks very natural and applies very softly so your eyebrows won't turn out over dramatic. Thankfully, I have very dark eyebrows, so I don't always need to use this, but when my eyebrows are just.. horrible, I can easily hide them away! 

11. Dior Lip Glow: Yet again, another great product to bring out youthful and bright tones. I love this product because it brightens your natural color instead of showing up as just a solid color. You just can't go wrong with this one; I'm on my third one!



What do you carry in your make up bag? -- I'd love to hear!

No comments

Post a Comment

Class Consumed. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.