Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thrift Store Haul: Goodwill on Vine


Hollywood, CA - On a lazy Saturday like today, I was in Hollywood so I decided to stop by the Goodwill on Vine while I was in the area. I was surprised on the great selection they had; many of the Goodwills I've visited in the past had a very limited selection. 
Haha, maybe because it's Hollywood! :)




At first, I picked out a simple jersey dress from RODAN VS GRIFFITH and a cute oxford drop waist shirt-dress from COMPTOIR DES COTONNIERS. They were both great styles, but when I tried them on, I couldn't see myself wearing them that often, so I just let those two go. Even when thrift shopping, it's good to be very selective on what you buy... it's so easy to get carried away because of the low prices.





After looking through the entire clothing section, I quickly attacked the shoe section. I walked through the first few rows of shoes and I was beginning to get a bit disappointed when I ran into a pair of studded THEORY flats for $14.99 which fit like a glove. Muaha. Lovely. :) Then I wandered a bit more, looking out for workers with fresh incoming stock. One of the workers approached the shoe section and a pair of black buckle strap wedges quickly caught my attention. Frantically, I snatched them out of the cart of incoming stock that the worker was about to put out. I saw PIERRE HARDY boldly imprinted on the pair of wedges and suddenly became the happiest girl inside Goodwill (People probably thought I was a bit insane because I was all smiles by myself. Hehe). They were just my size.. We were meant to be... AND they were just $14.99!! I went to check out and the cashier reminded me that all shoes were 25% off just for today. This thrifting adventure couldn't have been better. I got both pairs of amazing shoes for under $25!

Have you ever tried thrift shopping at Goodwill or Salvation Army? What kind of treasures were you able to find? -- I'd love to hear!


Thanks for reading!

5 comments

  1. OMG! I am very jealous right now because I love your goodwill finds. Found you through links a la Mode. Great job.

    XoXo,
    Nicole

    http://www.nicole-kelly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, if you have the chance, go check out some thrift stores nearby! You never know what kind of treasure you're find. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! Congrats on making it to Links A La Mode this week!
    Shopping at second hand charity stores can be such a great thrill! You can always find something special and help a good cause.
    We have something similar here in Tel Aviv. I've shopped there a few times - I especially like shopping for bags! I found a cute little cross-body structured bag, and a terrifically awesome camera bag.

    Do you donate old clothes as well?
    I give away things that are in good quality, but don't fit me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I agree! I love helping out great causes and goodwill happens to help people who have trouble finding jobs; I think it's great.
      I do donate old clothes. :) I usually donate things that are in good shape and that I don't think would really wear anymore.
      It's great that you enjoy thrifting and donating your clothes! The world need more like you! ;) Thanks for stopping by!
      Have an amazing day.


      Stay Classy!
      Sally Yunji Noh

      Delete

Class Consumed. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.